Please Share with Family and Friends Using the Buttons Below! Grazie, Rossella!!!
Anise Cookies... These delicious cookies are a favorite in my families home for many years....
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs plus 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons of anise or you can use almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon anise or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colored sprinkles
- In mixer, beat eggs on high until light and foamy, then add to large mixing bowl
- Then return to mixer and combine flour, sugar and baking powder and mix on low, gradually beat in butter and extract and mixture resembles crumbs.
- Then add in beaten eggs to the crumb mixture and Dough should be stiff, if not add a little bit more flour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Bottom of cookies will be slightly brown tops will not be browned.
- While cookies are cooling, make glaze, using a small bowl combine glaze ingredients except sprinkles.
- Dip each cookie in glaze place on parchment paper and top each cookie with colored sprinkles....
Very good quick recipe. Everyone loved them!!!!
Yesterday, I was a cookie making fiend. Lots of anise flavored treats including this one. Shared them today. Got rave reviews. Easy recipe. Great results. I added a bit more anise flavor, via anisette, to mine because I love it so much.
These were rated the absolute best cookies ever by my Italian husband's family. The cookies are moist and delicious. I made them exactly as directed in the recipe. The family requested that I make more this week!
Made these with my daughter today! Delicious, just like nonna used to make!
Made these delicious cookies for the St. Joseph's Altar. Everyone loved them. So soft and tended and easy to make. I was so excited when another very Italian lady asked me for the recipe. This is my new favorite recipe.
These cookies are absolutely delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be making these again.
Very easy recipe to make and delicious results! Adding this to my annual list of must make Christmas cookies!
Absolutely delicious, my house smelt like an Italian bakery!
Made these cookies and can not stop eating them. This is now one of our family favorites. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Absolutely delicious.