Anelletti Pasta available HERE!
To make the Meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with your hands until you have uniform mixture.
- Roll into meatballs about 1/2 inch in diameter. Set aside.
To make the Sauce:
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Fill the jar/can up with about 1/2 cup of water. Rinse out the jar/can and add it to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add the meatballs to the sauce. Return the pan to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop the pasta into salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and add the pasta to the meatballs and sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.