Braciole in Ragu` Sauce ___
For the Braciole:
- 0.5 pound beef cut in thin slices
- 0.5 pound veal cut in thin slices
- 0.5 pound pork cut in thin slices
- garlic cut in wedges
- pecorino romano - cut in small wedges
- sprigs of fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- red hot pepper
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 2 quarts tomato sauce
- Prepare the wedges of garlic, Pecorino Romano and parsley. Do not chop the parsley.
- Lay out on a wooden board a slice of meat. At one edge of the meat place 2-3 wedges of pecorino cheese, 2-3 wedges of garlic and a generous sprinkle of fresh black pepper.
- Add two small sprigs of fresh parsley and roll the meat into a roll. Close the meat with three wood toothpicks to ensure that only the aroma and not the ingredients escape during cooking.
- Put aside.
- In a large pot, put 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic. Let the garlic saute` for two minutes until it turns light golden.
- Add the Braciole to the pot and carefully saute` them in the hot oil for a few minutes. Add a sprinkle of hot pepper, as desired, and turn the Braciole several times until they brown on all sides.
- Add the white wine and contine the saute` process until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the tomato sauce and cover the pot.
- Cook at low-medium heat for 45 mins.
- Remove the Braciole from the pot and gently remove all the toothpicks.
- Separately boil some Rigatoni or other large pasta that you prefer and serve with the sauce from the Braciole.