Get your Focaccia Pan HERE
To make the Dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment combine the oil, yeast and water. Let stand until the yeast is dissolved, about 5-8 minutes.
To make the Focaccia:
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed slowly add in the flour. Mix until a smooth, supple dough forms, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer the dough to a bowl brushed with olive oil. Brush the ball of dough with more oil Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in volume. Punch down the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Add 1/4 cup of the oil to a 12 inch round pan and spread it evenly, making sure you coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Spread the dough to the edges of the pan with your fingers, starting from the center and working your way out.
- Add the onions and drizzle the remaining oil over them. Sprinkle the rosemary over the entire surface of the focaccia, followed by a sprinkle of salt as desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Bake for 30-35 minutes.