Yield: 1-11 inch round tart
Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
To make the lemon curd:
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan combine the sugar, zest, juice and egg mixture together and whisk on a medium low heat until mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. About 15 minutes.
- Stir in butter and then remove from heat when it's melted.
- Strain and let cool before using. Keep refrigerated.
To make the whipped cream:
- Add the whipping cream and Vanillina to a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, process the cookies until they are very fine crumbs. About 45 seconds.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter to the crumbs and form a paste. Press into and 11 inch loose bottom tart pan making sure the crumbs are even all around the edges. You may also use the bottom of a glass to flatten it out.
- Place the tart pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
- In a bowl add 2 cups of lime Curd to the Mascarpone and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Pour into the chilled crust and spread the whipped cream over it.
- Let the tart set in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with lime wedges and zest