Get the Ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
To make the cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the sugar and shortening. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the cream, zest, juice and extract.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time and roll the dough into a ball between your hands.
- Roll the ball into a 3 inch log and place the cookies 2 inches apart on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- In a bowl whisk together the Confectioners Sugar, limoncello and lemon extract until smooth. Dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze. Dry on a wire rack.