To Make the Custard Cream:
- Get the recipe HERE!
To make the Whipped Cream:
- In a large mixing bowl add the confectioners sugar and vanilla to the heavy cream and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the custard cream and fold until well combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the espresso coffee and milk and mix to combine.
- Dip each lady finger cookie into the coffee mixture and lay them into a 9x13 pan (I used a glass Pyrex) break the cookies to fit them in if necessary. I did two rows of 6 cookies vertically and two rows of 2 cookies horizontally, but just make sure the cookies fit nicely together.
- Spoon 1/2 of the whipped cream over the first layer of cookies.
- Add the second layer of cookies and spoon all of the custard mixed with whipped cream over them.
- Add the third layer of cookies and cover with the remaining whipped cream.
- Dust with the unsweetened cocoa powder as desired and decorate with the cream puffs.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.