Get your Italian Nutella HERE!
- Add one room temperature stick of butter into a stand mixer.
- Add one jar of Nutella.
- Mix the two into a creamy consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- Add 6 egg yolks.
- Add 2 Tbs of Grand Marnier.
- Add the zest of one orange and the juice of 1/2 an orange.
- Mix everything in the stand mixer for 2-3 mins.
- Melt 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Fold the chocolate into the cake batter.
- In a large bowl put the 6 egg whites and a pinch of salt.
- Beat the eggs with a hand mixer until the eggs turn into a fluffy foam.
- Little by little add the egg whites to the cake batter and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a 9" springform baking pan.
- Bake fro 40 mins. at 350F.
- In a pot, add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbs. of Grand Marnier.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Pour the hot heavy cream into another pot containing 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Wait 3 mins. and start stirring until the chocolate morsels are completely dissolved.
- Let everything cool for about one hour.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and spread with a spatula.
- Garnish with whole hazelnuts and orange zest curls.