Olive Oil Heart Cookies ___
For the Cookies:
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest only
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- sprinkles for decorating
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking Sheet with aluminum Foil and spray with baking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, sugar extract and zest. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Take a chunk of dough and roll it into a rope about 1 inch thick and about 8 inches long. Cut the rope in half so you have 2 pieces about 4 inches long.
- On the baking sheet arrange the two pieces of dough into a heart. Pinch each end together.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly brown. Cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies or dip them into the icing. Decorate with sprinkles.