Get the Products needed for this recipe HERE
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Oil a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- Drop the lasagne sheets into generously salted boiling water.
- Cook according to the package instructions. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet.
To make the Besciamella:
- Put a medium saucepan over a medium flame and melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and is the consistency of a thin gravy, 6 to 8 minutes. Allow the bechamel sauce to cool slightly.
To make the filling:
- In a large bowl, combine the egg and ricotta. Mix until we’ll combined.
- Mix in the spinach, about half of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmigiano, 1/2 cup of the pesto, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Stir the remaining 1/2 cup pesto into the slightly cooled bechamel sauce.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto-bechamel sauce on to the bottom of the dish.
- Lay half of the cooked lasagne sheets on a clean work surface and spread about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture evenly over each.
- Starting with a short end, roll each lasagne sheet up. As you make the rolls, transfer them to the baking dish seam-side down.
- Repeat with the remaining lasagne sheets and ricotta mixture. Spoon the remaining pesto-bechamel sauce over the lasagne rolls and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmigiano cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until the rolls are heated through and the sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is browned on top, about 10 more minutes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.