For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9 inch spring form cake pans with shortening or butter.
- Sift together flour, corn starch and cocoa together and set aside.
- In a standing mixer beat the eggs, salt and sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes. Change to high speed until ribbons form (about 15 minutes) mixture will be fluffy and lighter in color.
- Little by little sprinkle a flour, cocoa and corn starch mixture over the top and fold into the eggs and sugar.
- Make sure to do this little by little as folding too much of the dry mixture at once can deflate the eggs making the cake dense.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cool a bit
- Once the dry mixture is incorporated take a cup full of batter and mix into the melted butter. Fold in the melted butter and batter mixture into the rest of the batter.
- Pour batter equally into 2 cake pans and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center of the cake is set and springy.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the Nutella Frosting/Filling:
- Mash the raspberries with a fork or by hand. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer combine the mascarpone and nutella until smooth.
For the Ganache:
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream till just before boiling.
- Pour over chocolate in another container and let stand for about 3 minutes. Whisk the chocolate and heavy cream together till fully combined. It should be dark and shiny.
- Once cakes are cooled place first layer on a plate or cake stand lined with sheets of parchment paper.
- With a spatula spread the Nutella frosting over the first layer leaving a 1/2 inch border. Spread the mashed Raspberries over the Nutella frosting keeping them more towards the center of the cake.
- Flip the second layer over so the domed side is down.
- Frost the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- Pour the ganache over the center of the cake and start to smooth it out with a spatula. Gently spread the ganache toward the edges of the cake and let it naturally fall down the sides for the drizzle effect.
- Decorate with fresh Raspberries.
- Chill before serving.