Ricotta Cheesecake ___
For the Crust:
- 1 Egg
- 2 ounces Oz - Milk
- 2 ounces Oz - Butter
- 2 ounces Oz - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tsp - Baking powder
- Flour- as much as needed to make a firm dough
For the Filling:
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 tablespoon lemon zest
- 0.5 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ounce orange juice
- In a bowl add the egg, milk, butter, sugar and baking powder.
- Completely mix these ingredients.
- Begin adding flour to the mix and work well.
- When all the ingredients are well amalgamated, move it to a flat surface and continue to work it with your hands until it reaches a firm consistency. Continue to add flower as needed.
- Flatten the dough by hand and then continue to flatten it into a round shape with a rolling pin.
- Continue flattening the dough until you have a sheet of dough about 1/4 inch tick and about 15" in diameter.
- Take a 9" springform pan, coat it with butter and then sprinkle some flour over the butter.
- Lay the dough over the springform pan. Let any excess dough hang over the sides of the pan. Do not cut the excess yet.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the filling.
- With an electric mixer, mix all ingredients.
- Pour the mixed filling into the baking pan.
- With a sharp knife cut any excess crust dough. Leave 1/2" of dough above surface of the filling.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350F.
- Garnish with confectioner sugar or any other topping you desire.