Squid Ink Seafood Ravioli ___
For the Pasta:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 3 packets or 12 grams of squid ink
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 pounds ricotta (homemade is best)
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cuo grated Romano cheese
- 0.5 cup chopped shrimp
- 0.5 cup lump crab meat
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
For the Sauce:
- 0.5 cup chopped clams with juice
- 0.5 cup chopped boiled lobster
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- sprig of thyme
- 0.25 cup chopped parsley
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mix with 1/4 cup water to make slurry)
- In a large bowl mix all filling ingredients together.
- Set aside, then make dough.
- Make a well in flour/semolina mixture and add salt.
- Mix ink with water, then add beaten egg.
- Pour liquid into center of well.
- With a fork, slowly mix all flour into liquid.
- Knead dough until it becomes soft.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 mins.
- Again, knead dough briefly.
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thick.
- Cut dough into strips 4" wide.
- Place dollops of filling onto dough every 1 1/2".
- Fold dough over and cut into shape with pasta wheel.
- Place finished ravioli\'s on a cornmeal sprinkled towel.
- Cook in salted boiling water until pasta is done.
- Heat oil, then sweat the garlic and shallot.
- Add thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
- Next add clam juice, chicken stock and sherry.
- Sauté until reduced by 1/3 or 1/4.
- Once reduced strain, then put sauce back on heat.
- Add cream and simmer until reduced by 1/4.
- Add clams and lobster.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry if thickened sauce is desired.
- Cook until smooth.
- Spoon over cooked ravioli's.
- Sprinkle with parsley.