Pan di Stelle Cookies
Yield: 3-6 inch tarts or 1-11 inch tart
To make the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Process the Pan di Stelle Cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Divide the mixture among the 3- 6inch loose bottomed tart pans and press the crumbs firmly up the sides. Use the flat bottom of a glass or a spoon to smoothie the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Cool.
To make the White Chocolate Pastry Cream:
- In a bowl, mix the milk, heavy cream, the beaten egg yolks and the vanilla.
- In a pot, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put the pot on the stove at medium heath and add the milk mixture. With a wooden spoon start mixing continuously.
- Add the lemon peel and continue to stir non-stop.
- After about 7-8 minutes, the mix will begin to thicken and form a cream.
- Once it reaches the desired cream consistency, remove the pot from the flame, remove the lemon peel and stir in the white chocolate until melted.
- Pass the cream through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl to remove any lumps. Press plastic wrap into the entire surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Cool to room temperature.
- Divide the cooled cream evenly among the 3 tart shells.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry slices and mint leaves.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.