Cannoli Cream recipe HERE!
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the zest and extract and mix on low.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the vanilla extract to the milk.
- Alternate adding half of the dry ingredients and the milk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop into cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before filling and frosting.
For the cocoa whipped cream:
- Combine the cream, sugar and cocoa and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- For the Cannoli Filling: (Recipe Link HERE)
- Fill 2 disposable pastry bags or plastic zipper bags with the Cannoli cream and the whipped cream.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, hollow out the center with a knife or an apple corer and fill each cupcake with cannoli cream. Scrape the top so it's flush with the cupcake. Top with cocoa whipped cream and decorate with chocolate chips.