Easy Cannoli-Ricotta Cream
A basic Cannoli-Ricotta cream that can be used in many desserts: Cannoli, Sfingi, Cream Puffs, Cakes and many more. Watch the VIDEO of this recipe.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cream:
- 1 1/2 pounds Impastata (see note below if you do not have Impastata)
- 9 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Mix the Impastata with the sugar.
- Pass the entire content through a sieve so that you obtain a very creamy and velvety mix.
- Add the vanilla extract, the cinnamon and the orange extract. Mix well.
- You now have a simple and delicious Ricotta cream ready to be used.
- Optionally you can also add mini-chocolate chips or candied fruit.
PS: If you cannot find Ricotta Impastata, you can use regular Ricotta, but you need to drain some water from it before you can use it. You can do this by putting the Ricotta in cheesecloth for 2 days and let it drain. Of course you keep it in the refrigerator while you are doing this operation.
This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!