This traditional cake is made to represent all of the church domes in Italy. This pound cake, filled with light chocolate mousse and almond whipped cream, is decadent and easy to make. It is sure to be a conversation piece at any gathering!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 12 ounces loaf of pound cake
- 1/3 cup Amaretto Disaronno
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- cooking spray
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Spray 1 1/2 quart bowl with nonstick spray, and line with plastic wrap
- Cut pound cake cross-wise into 1/3 inch-thick slices. (cut each slice diagonally in half)
- Line the bottom and sides of bowl with the cake triangles
- Brush some of the amaretto over the cake pieces in the bowl.
- Reserve the extra triangles.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Set aside to cool
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of heavy cream in a bowl until it is thick and fluffy.
- Fold whipped cream with the cooled chocolate.
- Spread chocolate mousse over the cake in the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate, while making second filling.
- Using the electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup of cream, confectioners sugar, and almond extract until peaks form.
- Fold in the almonds.
- Spoon the cream mixture into the center of the cake.
- Arrange the remaining cake slices over the filling completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours.
- After set, invert the cake onto a platter, remover the bowl and plastic wrap, dust with remaining confectioners sugar.
You could also dust with cocoa powder.