Pasticciotti: Easy, delicious and fairly quick to make.
For 1 Dozen(s)
For the Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Crisco or Lard
- 1/4 cup milk
For the Filling:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten, for the egg wash
- To make custard:
- Sift the cornstarch and sugar then put in a saucepan.
- Add the milk and heavy cream and whisk lightly until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Whisk in the egg, then heat on medium until custard thickens.
- Mix in the butter and almond extract. Remove from heat and cover custard with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming while it cools.
- To make pastry:
- In a food processor add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Pulse until all mixed.
- Add the butter and Crisco then pulse until mixture looks like crumbly cornmeal.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix until dough starts to form a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a board and lightly work dough until its smooth.
- Divide dough into two flattened rounds, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Starting with the first piece of dough, place it onto a floured board. Roll it out to 1/4" thick.
- Using a 3 inch pastry cutter or glass, cut out 12 rounds.
- Place each round into the mould and press into mould to remove all air.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the custard to each of the moulds.
- Cover each with a 3" round of dough.
- Let chill in refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- Brush tops with egg wash, then bake at 425° for 15 -18 minutes.
You can freeze the uncooked pastries to cook at a later time. Before cooking, let defrost and warm to just below room temperature. If you prefer chocolate, you can fill the pastries with a chocolate custard.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Pastry and Tart Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
I am always looking to bake something new and this is a keeper. Thank you - jhsparticus5
Wonderful patisserie ?⭐️ - LCAB
What a fantastic recipe beautiful tasty little custard packages of goodness. ?? - Kul01
Great recipe, easy to follow with a yummy result!.. Love the custard! - LisCos6
Recipe came out perfect. I have made several batches over the holidays and everyone raved about the...
See Full Review >> - Whoran842
What molds do I use? - cschin5
Everyone raves about this each time I make it. - BettyJane
Great job Frank! - rossella rago
These were excellent and so close to the ones we buy at the bakery! Just FYI - when making the past...
See Full Review >> - lindagiliberti