Strawberry Almond Cake
Strawberry Almond Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Limoncello liqueur
- 10 strawberries, washed and quartered
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 or 10 inch cake pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- *I used our Medium sized pan from Italy that you can find HERE
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the oil, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in one egg at a time until absorbed and add in the almond flour. Beat until fully combined.
- Add in half the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Add the limoncello to the bowl, followed by the remaining dry ingredients. Beat until just absorbed. Do not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and top with the quartered strawberries.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired!
Perfect summer cake. Moist and lemony. Easy to make. Love the limoncello touch. Nonna Nancy - Poodleleena
Nice cake to have with coffee or a cold glass of milk. The limoncello adds just the right amount of ...
See Full Review >> - Nonna Gigi