Sweet Ricotta Brioche Rolls
Sweet Ricotta Brioche Rolls.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Rolls:
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- one packet active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose or 00 flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or teaspoons vanilla extract
- olive oil for coating the bowl
- Yield: 15 rolls
- Get the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
- Get the Pearl Sugar HERE!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, warm the milk and butter until melted. Cool till the mixture is lukewarm. Pour into a small bowl and stir the yeast and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. Let stand until the mixture bubbles, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour remaining granulated sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour the milk mixture into it, gently stirring.
- Add the eggs, ricotta and extract. Mix with your hands until a dough begins to come together. Generously flour a work surface and turn the dough out onto it. Knead the dough by hand until it is smooth and elastic. The dough should be soft and a little sticky. Shape the dough into a ball. Lightly coat a bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball in it.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about one hour and 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a work surface and transfer the risen dough to it. Divide the dough into 15 pieces each weighing about 2.5 Oz or 1/4 cup of dough each.
- Roll each piece into a 1 inch thick rope about 8 inches long. Roll the rope up into a pinwheel shape snd place it on the prepared baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with the milk and brush each roll with the mixture. Sprinkle with Pearl sugar.
- Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- *You can enjoy the rolls as they are, with jam or Nutella or with gelato!