Cherries in Rum
Cherries in Rum... a special treat to prepare in the summer and enjoy during the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cherries:
- 1 1/4 pounds dark firm cherries, stems trimmed
- 12 ounces white rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Wash the cherries and trim the stems. Leave about 1/2 inch of the stems.
- Put the cherries in a 1 quart canning jar and fill with the rum to completely cover the cherries. Add the vanilla extract, close the jar and store in a cool dry location of the house.
- You can start enjoying the cherries after about one month but they are better if served during the holidays as a special treat.
- By then the rum will have become a deliciuos cherry liqueur.
Instead of rum can you use brandy? - Slopiccolo