Pasta Reale Cookies... so delicate and sweet!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound almonds
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 2 lemons
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar for glazing (put it in a flat plate for rolling)
- silver mini dragees
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To prepare the paste, boil the almonds and remove the peel. Once they are cold and somewhat dry, put them in a food processor or a blender and chop them finely.
- Put the chopped almonds in a bowl, add the zest of the two lemons, the sugar and egg whites. Mix until the egg whites dilute the sugar and the mixture becomes a paste.
- Take a lump of mixture in your hand, roll it into a ball the size slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Roll the ball completely into the sugar and place it on a baking sheet.
- Slightly insert a silver ball on top of each ball/cookie.
- Bake for 30 mins. at 375F.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Vegetarian Dessert Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes, Italian Wedding Cookies and Pastries