Broccoli and Shells Pasta
Broccoli and Shells pasta can be served hot or cold.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 large head or 2 -3 small heads of Broccoli stalks
- 1 pound medium shells pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole garlic bulb /take the outer skin off and chop the whole bulb and put aside.
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- salt & pepper
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Clean the broccoli, wash under cool water.
- Trim/peel the stalk and cut the florets and stalks into small pieces.
- Put the cut florets and stalks into a pot of water and bring to boil. Make sure they are soft.
- Drain the broccoli and put aside.
- In the mean time you should get a pot and fill it with water until it boils...then add the shells
- While the shells are cooking put some oil into the frying pan.
- When the oil gets hot put in the chopped garlic into the frying pan. When it starts to get a color to it add the cooked broccoli pieces
- Then add the 2 tablespoons of butter and add salt & pepper to taste and stir.
- Add the can of chicken broth and let simmer for about 10 mins.
- When the shells are cooked, drain them and place them into the frying pan where the broccoli and chicken broth is.
- Keep stirring the pasta and broccoli while in the frying pan for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the pasta and broccoli and stir. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Place some pasta and broccoli in each plate & serve.
Just made this the other day! Love it! - Maryrose2112
This recipe give you a bit of the healthy (broccoli) while enjoying the pasta taste. It would satisf...
See Full Review >> - iceberg
My daughter LOVES. I make it once a week! - cml1966
Very nice recipe! - vitorago
loved this recipe! - Debs