Amarena Ice Box Cake
Amarena Ice Box Cake, the perfect cake for your Valentine!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 Jars Fabbri Amarena Cherries (see link below)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 pounds whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina or 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- about 66 Tea Biscuit Cookies
- * you can also use graham crackers or any flat butter cookies you can find
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Amarena Fabbri Available HERE!
- Pour the Cherries through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the syrup in a separate bowl.
- Pour the milk into a bowl for dipping and add 2 tablespoons of the cherry syrup. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta, confectioners sugar and vanillina. Mix well with a spoon until combined.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture. Set aside.
- Dip each of the cookies into the milk quickly and create a first layer on the bottom of a 9x13 inch rectangular pan.
- Spread one third of the ricotta mixture over the cookies and drizzle with 1/3 of the syrup. Add 1/3 of the cherries.
- Repeat these steps two more times.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold from the refrigerator.