Crusty Olive Bread
Super easy to make, beautiful crusty artisan bread with olives.
- In a large container add salt, yeast and warm water then gently stir together.
- Now add all purpose and whole wheat flour.
- Add pitted and chopped olives and begin gently mixing with a sturdy spoon until a dough forms and no dry flour is visible.
- The dough will form quickly and become stiff.
- DO NOT OVER MIX!
- No kneading is necessary!
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 2 hours or use the next day.
- Pre heat your oven to 375f and place a metal pan on bottom shelf.
- Meanwhile remove dough from refrigerator and take a piece of large enough to make a loaf (a good handfull).
- Sprinkle with flour and gently form a round or long loaf.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle paper with flour.
- Allow loaf to rise for 35 minutes while oven is pre-heating.
- After the loaf has risen, sprinkle it with a little more flour and score some lines or an X about 1 inch deep across the top.
- The flour keeps your knife from sticking to the dough and also helps achieve the nice color when baking.
- Place loaf in the oven on a middle rack and pour 2 cups of water in the hot pan below it. Quickly close the oven door.
- Bake bread for 40 -60 minutes, depending on size of loaf or until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Once bread has cooled slightly it is ready to enjoy.
- Eat it on its own, buttered or top with your favorite ingredients.
Experiment and add ingredients like roasted peppers or garlic, cheese etc...
I made this rustic bread with kalamata olive pieces and sauteed weet onions. Yummmmmy. - Debra-Bevilacqua@comcast.net
Great bread recepie. Moist and delicious.I do let mine rise for two hrs. In bucket before putting li...
See Full Review >> - jutka
Dio santo this bread did not last half day next time I\'ll make 2 its worth it Thank you Nonna and R...
See Full Review >> - Cesare
i can not wait to try to make this bread. its my favorite, going to add some garlic. yummy - angie310
Too salty! - Mimmo