Strawberry Olive Oil Cake
Strawberry Olive Oil Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pint strawberries, half cut into a 1/2 inch dice and half halved
- confectioners sugar for decorating
- Get the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, zest and vanilla and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until each is fully absorbed. Add in the sour cream and oil and beat until combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients in 3 additions until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and top with the diced strawberries. Pour the remaining batter over the diced strawberries and top with the sliced strawberries, cut side down.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.