Ciambellone: Maraschino and Candied Cherries, Pecans Tube Cake.
For 0 Person(s)
- 2 Sticks Margarine
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp. Anise Oil OR 1 tsp. Anise extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 oz. maraschino cherries drained well and cut in fourths
- 4 oz. green and red candied cherries cut in halves
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 10-cup tube pan, greased well
- Cream Together:
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- Beat for About 3 Min.
- Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time til well mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and grated zest
- Add Anise Extract 1 tsp. (I use Anise Oil about ½ tsp.)
- Pour in 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- Add 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Beat 200 times with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour over the maraschino cherries and candied cherries and toss. Mix well.
- Fold fruit and pecans into a 10" greased tube pan.
- Bake 375 deg. 40 min. or until done.
- Test with toothpick. Should come out dry.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Place a plate over the pan and quickly turn upside down. Cake should slip out easily.
- Either sieved powdered sugar can be sprinkled over cooled cake or your favorite glazed frosting (i. e. 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tbsp water. If too thin add some extra powdered sugar)
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cakes and Pies Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes