Ricotta & Jam Crumb Cake
Ricotta & Jam Crumb Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs plus one egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 apricot jam, or any flavor jam/preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Jams from Italy available HERE!
- To make the crumb topping:
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugars, cinnamon, salt, butter and flours. Using your hands, mix until the flour is fully absorbed. The mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the olive oil, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until combined. Add in the eggs and yolk one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the ricotta mixture to the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just absorbed. Do not over mix!
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Follow with half the crumb mixture. Pour the rest of the batter over the crumbs. Smooth with a spatula.
- Dollop the jam or preserves of your choice over the cake batter. Follow with the remaining crumbs and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes or until the center of the cake is set. Cool for at least one hour before cutting.