3 Layer Jam Cake
3 Layer Jam Cake.
Summer Dessert Recipes:
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina powder OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 amarena or cherry jam
- 1/2 apricot or peach jam
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons jam
- * alternatively you can just dust the top with confectioners sugar
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the dry ingredients Little by little. Mix until just absorbed.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups of batter into the pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until firm.
- Spread the cherry jam over the cake, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border all around. Cover the jam with another 1 1/4 cups of batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Feel the center to make sure it’s firm.
- Spread the apricot or peach jam over the baked cake leaving a 1 1/2 inch border. Cover with the remaining batter. Top with the sliced almonds if using. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Warm the 2 tablespoons of jam over low heat and brush the top of the cake.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.