Cherry Ricotta Cake
Cherry Ricotta Cake, a delicious summer treat.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted and halved *thawed if frozen
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the ricotta until well combined. Lower the speed to low and beat in 1/4 cup of the flour until fully absorbed.
- In a separate mixing bowl using clean beaters beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold them into the batter.
- Toss the cherries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour. This will ensure they do not sink to the bottom.
- Fold the cherries into the batter and bake in the prepared pan for 50-60 minutes or until the center feels firm.
- Cool the cake in the spring for 15-20 minutes before opening.