Cannoli Ciambella Bundt Cake
Cannoli Ciambella Bundt Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup pistachios, crushed
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups whole ricotta
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For the glaze and toppings:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Candied orange peels, cherries and extra pistachios for decorating
- Products used in this Recipe HERE
- To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- If using whole pistachios, add the pistachios to the bowl of a food processor and process until fine. About 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the ricotta until fully combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until just absorbed. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze and decorate:
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and milk until smooth. The glaze will be thick.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and top with candied cherries, orange slices and crushed pistachios.