Soft Lemon Almond Cookies - Amaretti Morbidi
Soft Lemon Almond Cookies - Amaretti Morbidi.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 3 lemons, zest only
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 large egg white
- confectioners sugar for rolling
- blanched almonds for decorating (optional)
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps. Add in the zest, juice and egg white and mix with your hands until a paste forms. The paste should hold its shape.
- Add some granulated sugar to a shallow dish. Add some confectioners sugar to a separate shallow dish.
- Take a level tablespoon of dough (I used an actual tablespoon to measure) and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the granulated sugar first and then in the confectioners sugar.
- Place the cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet and place the blanched almond on top, making sure to press each Almond into the cookie and flattening them slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
- *The cookies may still feel slightly soft out of the oven, but they will firm up as they cool.