Aperol Spritz Loaf Cake
Aperol Spritz Loaf Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 2/3 cup Aperol liqueur
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 orange
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons Aperol liqueur
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packets Vanillina powder, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Yield: One 9x5 inch cake
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- To make the cake:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add in the milk, oil, aperol, zest and juice. Beat until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and beat until just absorbed. Batter will be slightly runny. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden and springs back when lightly pressed in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan.
- To make the glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, Aperol, melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
I was so excited to make this cake since I enjoy Aperol Spritz so much. First the instructions say t...
See Full Review >> - Flossie Zapolski