No Churn Gelato Cake
No Churn Gelato Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the crust:
- 12 ounces Zuppalatte cookies, you can also use Grahm crackers or Nilla wafers
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
For the gelato:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- 1 cup Nutella or 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Chopped hazelnuts as desired
- Yield: 1- 9 inch cake
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- To make the crust:
- In a food processor, process the cookies until they are very fine crumbs. About 45 seconds.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter to the crumbs and form a paste. Press into a 9 inch springform pan making sure the crumbs are even all around the edges. You may also use the bottom of a glass to flatten it out.
- Place the crust in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the gelato:
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the condensed milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Begin folding the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream taking care not to deflate the mixture.
- Pour over the chilled crust.
- Refrigerate until solid, preferably overnight
- Remove the spring from the cake and drizzle with Nutella or melted chocolate as desired.
- Top With hazelnuts.