Snowball Cookies - Italian Wedding Cookies
Snowball Cookies - Italian Wedding Cookies.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for rolling the cookies
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Get the Vanillina HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar and salt until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the almond flour, vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in flour a little at a time and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half and using a tablespoon, shape one half into balls and the other half into crescents.
- Place one inch apart the prepared baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes. This step will prevent the cookies from spreading. Bake for 15-20 min. Do not brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then roll in the extra confectioners' sugar.