This recipe is a twist on two of my favorite Italian foods. The french bread is toasted with cinnamon and sugar, topped with cannoli filling and then finished with fresh strawberries.
For 1 Person(s)
- 16 ounces Ricotta
- 2 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- Wilton candy melts (optional)
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Place Ricotta in colander lined with cheese cloth making sure top of ricotta is also covered.
- Drain the ricotta for 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator
- Mix ¼ cup sugar and ¾ teas. Cinnamon together in bowl.
- Slice bread about ¼ inch thick.
- Place bread under broiler and toast until lightly browned
- Turn bread over and butter bread. Sprinkle butter side of bread with about 1 teas cinnamon/sugar mixture. Return to broiler and toast until lightly browned.
- Mix drained Ricotta, Amaretto, and Powdered Sugar in bowl
- Spread about 1-2 tab. Cannoli filling on top of cinnamon side of bread
- Place sliced strawberries on top of cannoli filling
- If desired use a cheese grater to grate candy melts over strawberries to look like basil.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Pastry and Tart Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cannoli Recipes
Great idea to have a sweet bruschetta. The fresh strawberries add a brightness in flavor. - SicilainMa