This recipe is a twist on two of my favorite Italian foods. The french bread is toasted with cinnamon and sugar, topped with cannoli filling and then finished with fresh strawberries.
For 1 Person(s)
- 16 ounces Ricotta
- 2 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- Wilton candy melts (optional)
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Place Ricotta in colander lined with cheese cloth making sure top of ricotta is also covered.
- Drain the ricotta for 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator
- Mix ¼ cup sugar and ¾ teas. Cinnamon together in bowl.
- Slice bread about ¼ inch thick.
- Place bread under broiler and toast until lightly browned
- Turn bread over and butter bread. Sprinkle butter side of bread with about 1 teas cinnamon/sugar mixture. Return to broiler and toast until lightly browned.
- Mix drained Ricotta, Amaretto, and Powdered Sugar in bowl
- Spread about 1-2 tab. Cannoli filling on top of cinnamon side of bread
- Place sliced strawberries on top of cannoli filling
- If desired use a cheese grater to grate candy melts over strawberries to look like basil.
Great idea to have a sweet bruschetta. The fresh strawberries add a brightness in flavor. - SicilainMa