A delicious orange scented cupcake filled with my easy cannoli filling and topped with a super simple cocoa whipped cream!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces butter (softened)
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cannoli cream: (See below for link to the recipe)
For the Cocoa Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- mini chocolate chips
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Cannoli Cream recipe HERE!
- For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the zest and extract and mix on low.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the vanilla extract to the milk.
- Alternate adding half of the dry ingredients and the milk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop into cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before filling and frosting.
- For the cocoa whipped cream:
- Combine the cream, sugar and cocoa and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- For the Cannoli Filling: (Recipe Link HERE)
- Fill 2 disposable pastry bags or plastic zipper bags with the Cannoli cream and the whipped cream.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, hollow out the center with a knife or an apple corer and fill each cupcake with cannoli cream. Scrape the top so it's flush with the cupcake. Top with cocoa whipped cream and decorate with chocolate chips.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cupcake Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cannoli Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes