Peach & Ricotta Crumble Cake ~ Peach & Ricotta Sbriciolata
Peach & Ricotta Crumble Cake ~ Peach & Ricotta Sbriciolata.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 packet Pane Angeli Vanillina powder
- 1 20 oz jar Peaches in syrup, drained and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- confectioners sugar for dusting
For the Crumble Crust:
- 3 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 packets Pane Angeli Vanillina powder
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Yield: One 9 inch Cake
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray.
- To make the filling:
- Pass the Ricotta through a strainer into a mixing bowl to smooth out any lumps.
- Add in the extracts and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the crumble crust:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the sugar, butter, eggs and extracts. Mix with your hands until all the dry ingredients are absorbed and a crumbly dough forms.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan making sure to press slightly it up the sides of the pan as well.
- Spread the ricotta filling over the crust and lay the peach slices on top. Crumble the remaining dough over the ricotta filling.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top of the crust is slightly browned. Cool to room temperature and dust with confectioners sugar before serving.*
- *This cake should be stored in the refrigerator. If you make it ahead of time take it out of the fridge about 20-30 minutes before serving.