Watermelon Mint Granita
Watermelon Mint Granita: How do Italians cool down when it's hot out? They have a granita! Eating granita in the Summer makes me feel like I'm in Italy! When I was a little girl spending my summers in Mola di Bari, Puglia I would go to the granita kiosk every chance I got to try all the different flavors! Making home made granita is one of my favorite things because you can make almost any flavor you want and control the sugar content yourself. I generally like to use less sugar so I get the pure taste of the fresh fruit. This Watermelon Mint granita is super easy to prepare in a blender or a food processor and so refreshing on a hot summer day! Tip: don't worry about the little white seeds, they get puréed an you'll never know they were there!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Granita:
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cut into chunks
- 1 cup Cmnt leaves packed down
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can use more to taste)
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a blender or a food processor add the watermelon, mint and sugar and process till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours.
- Rake with a fork every hour or so not letting mixture totally freeze solid. Granita will resemble icy flakes when done.