Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
The one and only Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo. This is a very popular dish in North America and many believe that it is an Italian-American invention, right? Nooooo, history says that the dish was invented in 1914 by a restauranteur in Rome named Alfredo!
- Cook the fettuccine in salted water to Al Dente.
- In a large saute pan, add the heavy cream and the butter. Warm up the cream so that the butter melts and keep the sauce on low flame.
- Add the fettuccine and toss, while you toss add the grated cheese and black pepper, as desired, and continue tossing.
- If the pasta looks dry add some pasta water.
- Toss for 1 minute and serve immediately.