Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli... practically every town and village in Italy has its own version of this dish.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound cannellini beans (dry of from a can)
- 1 cup pancetta cut in small cubes
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Pasta (elbows, ditalini or other small pasta)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Start Thinking of Christmas!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Cups and Pots
Get both HERE!!!
- If you are using dry cannellini beans, then you need to soak them overnight. Otherwise, you can use canned beans.
- Saute` the pancetta in olive oil.
- Chop very finely the celery, onion and the tomatoes. Use a food processor for better results. Add to the pancetta.
- Saute` for a few minutes and add 1/2 of the beans.
- The other half of the beans should be mashed with a blender and added to the pan. Add about a cup of hot water and let everything cook for about 20 minutes. Longer if you are using dry beans.
- Separately boil the pasta and when it is Al Dente, add the pasta to the beans.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and serve by garnishing with a dash of EV olive oil and fresh black pepper.
Buonissima..I added a peperoncino for that extra hot kick! - Santi
alcuni per rendere piu gustosa la zuppa usano mettere un osso di prosciutto con un po di polpa a bol...
See Full Review >> - gancetto2
My Nonna added a little carrot but a must is black pepper! Deliziosa! - colletti