Pinoli Cookies - Pignoli Cookies
Pinoli (or Pignoli? ) Cookies great for Christmas and all other Holidays!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound almond paste
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 1/4 pound pinoli nuts
- Pre-heat the oven at 325F
- Put the almonds paste in a bowl, add the lemon zest, the sugar and egg whites. Mix until the egg whites dilute the sugar and the mixture becomes a paste.
- Take a lump of paste and roll it into a ball about 1" in diameter.
- Put the ball on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and press it down with the palm of your hand to flatten it.
- Top with pinoli nuts.
- Make all your cookies and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before you remove them from the baking paper.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookie Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Italian Cookies, Summer Dessert Recipes, Heart Friendly Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Vegetarian Dessert Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes
It\'s also good with walnuts .. Thn for sharing - Saint of circumstance
Was so easy to make! I\'m still getting request for more cookies! - LucyDiMeglio
I crave these cookies when i see them.. - amiavita
My favorite cookies any time of year. Made them yesterday using this recipe. Excellent results. S...
See Full Review >> - TheKoob