Cheese and Zucchini Pie
Cheese and Zucchini Pie... a very easy recipe and it's good to be served warm or cold.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Pie:
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 zucchini
- 1/2 pound goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 pound mozzarella
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- First, you need to thaw the puff pastry overnight in the fridge.
- Clean the onion and cut it in half, lengthwise, then slice it.
- Clean the zucchini and cut them in half, lengthwise, then slice them.
- Put the oil in the pan, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes then add the zucchini, a pinch of salt, pepper and cook, on medium flame for about 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini have softened.
- Let the zucchini cool completely.
- Cut the mozzarella in cubes.
- Grate the goat cheese.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper for the baking pan, add the puff pastry and with a fork prick the dough.
- In a bowl, brake the eggs, add the cold zucchini, the cheeses and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 355F.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan, level with a fork and put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until it forms a golden crust
Appetizer Recipes, Entree Recipes, Abruzzo Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Zucchini Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
What size pan? - winterbaby58
So easy and tastes so much more! - Tmehmedi
Can I substitute goat cheese for some other cheese? - casey300