Baked Macaroni & Cheese in Prosciutto Cups
Baked Macaroni and Cheese in Prosciutto Cups... perfect for any party and especially your Super Bowl party!
For 12 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound small Elbow Macaroni
- 6 slices Prosciutto (try and have it sliced slightly on the thicker side)
- 1 cup provolone cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1 1/4 cups cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking water
- salt & black pepper to taste
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the oil and breadcrumbs in a saucepan and toast over moderate heat. Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Cut the six prosciutto slices in half so you have 12 squares. Position them in a muffin pan and up the sides of the pan as well. Set aside.
- Shred both cheeses with a cheese grater and set aside.
- Drop the pasta in the salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking melt the butter in a large sautÃ© pan and add the flour. Whisk until all the flour is absorbed and the mixture begins to darken in color.
- Ad in the milk and whisk until the mixture has thickened. About 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until slightly harder than al dente. Reserve 1/4 Cup pasta water and drain.
- Add the pasta water, provolone and mozzarella and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the pasta, salt and plenty of fresh pepper. Stir until all the pasta is evenly coated.
- Remove from heat and fill the prosciutto cups with the pasta mixture. Top with the toasted bread crumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes until the the cheese is bubbling on the sides.
- Cool about 5-10 minutes out of the oven before moving them. Run a knife around the edges and lift out with a spoon. Serve immediately.