Brown Rice with Zucchini
Brown Rice with Zucchini... Cucina Povera in the simplest form.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Rice:
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 5 medium zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash the Zucchini and cut them in large chunks of about 1/2" all around.
- Start cooking the Brown Rice.
- In a saute` pan add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the onion sliced finely.
- Saute` the onion and once it becomes translucent, add the Zucchini and the parsley. Salt as desired.
- Add two cups of the hot water from the rice, cover and cook for about 15-20 Min.
- Once the rice is done, serve by putting a scoop of rice in a plate and two scoops of the Zucchini with broth.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
Put one under every Christmas Tree!
You can substitute the Brown Rice with White Rice if you prefer!