Fresh Fig and Ricotta Cake
Fresh Fig and Ricotta Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 packets Vanillina OR 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (preferably full fat)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 fresh figs cut into thin, round slices
- confectioners sugar for dusting
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch springform pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bow combine the oil, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Using an electric mixer beat the ingredients on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat until they are fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Add in the ricotta and yogurt and beat until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt and finally the baking powder. Beat until the dry ingredients are just fully incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange the fig slices in a single layer on top making sure they are not overlapping one another. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake until the top is lightly golden and the center of the cake has set. About 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool 20-30 minutes in the pan before opening the spring and slicing.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
This was absolutely delicious! - Bmorley