Lemon Ricotta Cake
Lemon Ricotta Cake is a combination of a pudding and a cake. Remove the cake from the oven when the center is still slightly soft. It is best served warm or at room temperature. When served warm, the luscious creamy center balances the texture of the almonds and tartness of the lemon. Once the cake is refrigerated the center becomes firm.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces blanched almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 lemons, zest only
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan with the tablespoon of butter.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds with the flour.
- Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 6 ounces of butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks. Continue beating until well combined.
- Add the ricotta, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
- Fold in the almond-flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whites into the cake mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until lightly browned and still slightly soft in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Delish!!!!!! - Dmamabear59
just wonderful! - jackcookie20
Can you substitute almond paste instead of blanched almonds? - email@example.com