One Pan Citrus Chicken
One Pan Citrus Chicken .
For 4 Person(s)
For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken breast cutlets, about 1 lb
- flour for dredging
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- zest and juice of one lemon
- zest and juice of one blood orange (or regular orange)
- salt and black pepper as desired
- a few orange and lemon slices for garnish
- Season the cutlets well with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge each of the cutlets in flour.
- Put a large skillet with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Shake the excess flour off the cutlets and add them to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and add the wine and Rosemary to the pan. Allow the wine to reduce for one minute.
- Add the zest and juice to the pan. Lower the flame to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.