Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
Chicken & Gnocchi Soup.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup
- 4 bone in chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 4 bone in chicken thighs, skin on
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 carrots, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 2 medium onions, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 4 celery stalks, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup canned cherry tomatoes (about half the 14oz can) or 1 cup crushed tomatoes, tomato purée or petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 19 oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound packaged gnocchi
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Get the ingredients neded for this recipe HERE
- Put a large stock pot over a high flame and add the chicken. Cover the chicken with cold water and bring to a boil.
- As the chicken cooks, skim off any foam that comes to the surface. When the foaming stops, add in the carrots, onions, celery, tomatoes, salt and oil. Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken pulls away from the bones easily, about 30-40 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, add the beans to a food processor or a blender and blend till smooth. Set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove all the pieces to a plate. Remove the skin and discard. Pull all the chicken off the bones and shred using two forks.
- Add the chicken back to the soup along with the pureed beans. Bring to a boil and add in the gnocchi and spinach. Cook until the gnocchi bob to the surface and the spinach has wilted. Serve in warm bowls.