Acini di Pepe Pastina in Vegetable Soup
Acini di Pepe Pastina in Vegetable Soup.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pastina:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 small carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 10oz bag frozen peas
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces Ancini di Pepe Pastina (See link Below)
- SHOP for Pastina HERE!
- Put a stockpot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion & carrots and tomatoes. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the peas, garlic and potatoes and cook until the peas have thawed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring the pot to a boil.
- Add in the ancini di Pepe and cook until tender.
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh extra Virgin olive oil and crusty Italian Bread. Add a sprinkle of grated cheese if desired.
This soup is so good! I have made many times since finding it a couple weeks ago. I followed the in...
See Full Review >> - ashlee